Low carb. Use whatever non-starchy vegetables you like, like dark leafy greens, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, peppers, onions, sliced mushrooms, pitted olives. Don't be afraid to add fat.
1 hour, 15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Wilt the spinach in the microwave or by sauteeing in a pan. Squeeze to remove excess water.
3. Prepare any other vegetables you are using. Cook peppers, mushrooms, onions almost all the way through and drain off any excess liquid before adding to filling.
4. Make the filling: in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites (if using) and seasonings.
5. Assemble the quiche: sprinkle the grated cheese on the prepared crust. Then spread the spinach and other vegetables over the cheese. Finally, pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Consider garnishing the top with pepper rings, tomato slices, fresh herbs or additional grated cheese.
(If you are going crustless, mix the cheese and vegetables into the egg mixture and pour it all into a very well greased pan.)
6. Bake for 45 min or until the filling is set.
You can also grease the pie pan well and bake the filling directly in the pan, without a crust.