Tofu Pot Pie
A long time favourite. Easily modified.
1 hour, 25 minutes
1 Tnutritional yeast
1⁄2 tgarlic powder
1 pktofu (firm, cubed)
1 conion (wedges)
1⁄2 ccelery (sliced)
2 cother veggies (such as carrots, corn, peas, green beans...)
1gravy recipe (link below)
2 Tbaking powder
4 Tbutter (or substitute)
Preheat the oven to 375°FFilling
- Combine the first four ingredients (flour, nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder) in a small bowl to make the tofu coating.
- Coat the tofu.
- Sauté the tofu in vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok
- Add the onions and celery.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the "other veggies".
Make one recipe of the gravy.Biscuit
- Combine the remaining flour, baking powder, salt and butter.
- Add enough milk to make the dough slightly sticky
- Mix the veggetables and the gravy in a large casserole dish.
- Flatten out the dough to the shape of the casserole dish and place it on top of the veggetables.
- Back at 375°F for 30-40 minutes until the crust is cooked all the way through.