GG's Ginger Snaps
My Grandmother's recipe.
1⁄2 cbrown sugar
1⁄2 cwhite sugar
1 tbaking soda
2 Tginger powder (I haven't tried this with fresh ginger yet but should.)
1⁄2 tclove (ground or allspice)
1⁄2 cbutter (soft)
- Preheat the oven to 300 F
- Mix all the ingredients down to and including the clove
- Blend in the butter and molasses until uniform
- Roll thin on floured surface
- Cut and place onto cookie sheet
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Cool on a rack.
If the cookies aren't crisp, try rolling them thinner next time.