Carrot Pineapple Cake
This cake is a winner. I might never make another cake again ;)
1 hour, 25 minutes
2 tbaking soda
1 tbaking powder
2 tcinnamon (ground)
1 3⁄4 cwhite sugar
1 cvegetable oil
1 tvanilla extract
2 ccarrots (shredded)
1 ccoconut (shredded)
1 cwalnuts (chopped)
8 ozpineapple (crushed and drained)
1 pkcream cheese (8 oz)
1⁄4 cbutter (softened)
2 cconfectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center and add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.
- Pour into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool.
- To make the frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until creamy.
The original recipe calls for twice the sugar in the icing. Your call, but I found it sweet enough with half.